If your workforce is exposed to workplace hazards or they are at risk of occupationally induced diseases and conditions, a bespoke Health Surveillance programme from Kays Medical will help you protect your workforce and meet the relevant legal requirements.
Did you know that as an employer, you may have a legal obligation to effectively monitor and assess workplace risks as well as carry out surveillance where it is deemed necessary?
If your employees are exposed to noise or vibration, ionising radiation, solvents, fumes, dusts, biological agents and other substances hazardous to health, or work in compressed air, then they will require, by law, ongoing health checks.
Our Occupational Health service can assist you with this by determining the Health Surveillance needs of your business and then creating a bespoke service to meet your requirements.
What is Health Surveillance?
Health Surveillance is a system of ongoing health checks that allows you to ensure your employees are not being harmed by the work they carry out.
Health Surveillance is often essential and can be useful for a number of reasons:
- It allows you to detect ill-health effects at an early stage. This will allow you to introduce better controls to prevent them getting worse
- It helps to provide you with data to evaluate health risks
- It allows your employees to raise any concerns they have about how their role affects their health
- It often highlights lapses in workplace control measures. This can therefore provide you with invaluable feedback for your risk assessment
- It is a great way to provide an opportunity to reinforce training and education to employees
What Health Surveillance services can Kays Medical provide?
Our Health Surveillance service includes, but is not limited to:
- Fitness to Work
- Audiometry (hearing tests)
- Skin Assessments
- Spirometry (breathing tests)
- Vision Screening
- Drivers Medical Assessments
- At-Height Medical Assessments
- Confined Spaces Medical Assessments
- Off -shore Medical Assessments
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessments
- Pregnant Worker Assessments
- Night Worker Assessments
- Statutory Health Surveillance EG Asbestos, Radiation and Lead Medical Assessments
- Hand Arm Vibration Assessments (HAVs)
- Immunisations and vaccinations
- Executive Health Assessments
- Wellness Assessments
- Mental Health Support
For more information, contact:
Occupational Health Department
0151 482 2830
Need help managing the absenteeism of your workforce?
We have the solution. Our Absence Management programme is a positive tool in any workplace and can help to reduce your costs, increase productivity and lessen the negative affects absenteeism can have associated colleagues.
Learn more about our Absence Management service.