Occupational Health Services
We provide a wide range of occupational health services to all types of organisations and workplaces. From SMEs to large single sites and multiple site operations, our occupational health services will improve your team’s health and wellbeing, leading to increased productivity and business performance.
What Is Occupational Health?
Occupational health and safety is a specialist branch of workplace medicine that focuses on the physical and psychological health and wellbeing of employee groups in today’s diverse workplaces. Employees are a company’s most valuable asset, and by managing health and wellbeing, we can help future-proof organisations to ensure they always perform to their best. Occupational health and safety teams can develop a range of services designed to meet the needs of your organisation. This can reduce absence due to sickness, preventing health risks from arising in the workplace and by providing screening and surveillance services in the early stages of ill health. There are many ways in which occupational health services can improve workplace safety and health.
Kays Medical occupational health practice team aim:
- To identify and help prevent both physical and psychological illness caused by work activities. Aspects of service include many different types of intervention from vaccinations and health surveillance to conducting and advising on health-related risk assessments.
- To ensure the physical and/or psychological fitness of employees so that they can carry out their job effectively. This aspect of occupational health and safety is particularly important in specialist or safety critical roles e.g. HGV drivers, pilots, firefighters, train drivers, offshore workers, blue light workers. Activities may also include drug and alcohol testing and new starter health assessments.
- To help manage both workplace and non-workplace ill health or injury issues effectively. Our occupational health and safety services include providing practicable return to work advice for physical and psychological health conditions along with advice regarding appropriate workplace adjustments and safeguards at an individual level.
- To work with and train managers/employees to recognise and effectively deal with workplace health issues that impact their working environment, organisation and sector.
- To improve the health and wellbeing of the entire workforce. This aspect of occupational health mutually benefits both employee and employer by tackling lifestyle related health deficits. Confronting these health deficits underpins fitness for task, promotes good attendance and performance. It equally reduces your workplace’s susceptibility to disease processes, both physical and psychological.
- In some settings to provide on-site health care, especially in high hazard or remote workplaces. This includes appropriate first aid assessment capability and competence, along with the provision of appropriate hardware and medicines.
Improved productivity – with better working conditions, staff are more motivated and efficient.
Health and safety – improve compliance with health and safety legislation and reduce the risk of litigation.
Staff retention – increased staff retention saves time and effort used on recruiting and training staff.
Money-saving – lower costs by saving on expenses such as sickness absence and claims against insurance policies.
- Face to face consultations
- Telephone appointments
- Mobile screening units
- Online appointments
Many employers across a broad range of industries have introduced occupational health into their businesses. Our occupational health services help you identify potential risk factors to your workforce. This means your business and your staff will be protected should any circumstances occur, as our occupational health services prepare you for these and help you to protect against them. Organisational risk factors include legal, financial and moral drivers.
Kays Medical occupational health and safety services are delivered by a range of specialist clinicians and service experts in a collaborative fashion for a diverse, and often specialist, client base across the UK.
We always look to provide a solution to your employee needs, interfacing with NHS and private health care providers where appropriate. This ensures an end to end health solution or health pathway.
Kays occupational health professionals include specialist/accredited doctors and nurse advisors, health technicians, physiotherapists, ergonomic experts, dieticians, counsellors, psychologists, technicians, occupational hygienists and health and safety expert practitioners.
Specialists engaged in our occupational health service delivery have a mix of either university level qualifications or technical accreditations. This is supported by appropriate society/specialist practice membership. Our competence framework is geared towards effectively recognising, identifying, quantifying and managing/controlling a growing list of workplace health and safety risk factors in your business. We use a risk and evidence-based approach.
Professionals are supported by a dedicated occupational health service co-ordinating team.
Moreover, our occupational health service delivery model is further complimented by the Kays Medical physical and mental health training capability. We also offer occupational health supplies thanks to our pharmacy and workplace first aid/emergency response equipment supplies.
Kays Medical Occupational Health Services Overview:
Noting the complexity of delivering health and safety services in today’s workplaces, Kays Medical identify occupational health services in various distinct categories which include:
- Organisational Health Needs Assessment/Health Risk Assessment Services
- Occupational Case Management Services
- Health Surveillance Services
- Fitness for Task Medical Assessments
- Occupational health Risk Assessment based services
- Workplace Psychological Health Support Services
- Physiotherapy/Musculoskeletal Specialist Services
- Occupational Vaccination Services
- Drug and Alcohol testing Services
- Wellbeing and Lifestyle Health Interventions
- Occupational Health Study Days
- Face Fit testing Services