Meet Kays’ New Mobile OH+ Health Surveillance Unit!
10th August 2021
Kays are proud to announce the arrival of our new mobile occupational health unit. We have been protecting the UK’s workforce since 1976, and this new addition is the perfect next step in our diverse offering.
Over the years, we have grown to become a complete provider of occupational health and wellbeing services to organisations nationwide. As a SEQOHS, FOHN, and COHPA accredited occupational health provider, we are proud to now offer mobile occupational health and health surveillance services wherever you may be within the UK. Get in touch today to pre-book!
What Is Health Surveillance?
While you may know what occupational health is, many do not know how this differs from health surveillance. Health surveillance is an aspect of occupational health that includes a system of ongoing health checks within a workforce. Usually, these health checks are required by law for those who are exposed to loud noise, vibration, ionising radiation, fumes, solvents, high dust levels, biological agents and other hazardous substances in their day-to-day role.
Because the nature of health surveillance is specific to each individual organisation or business, it is often carried out in situ by mobile occupational health providers such as Kays. This is important as it ensures that we can provide you with the appropriate care needed for your working landscape.
Mobile health surveillance has many benefits, such as allowing employers to detect the ill-health effects of work at an early stage. This would allow them to introduce better preventative measures and controls. It also provides organisations with the data needed to evaluate health risks while enabling employees to raise any concerns about how their work is affecting their health.
Who May Benefit From Mobile Health Surveillance?
If you are wondering whether your workforce would benefit from a health surveillance programme, we are here to help. If your employees are exposed to certain health risks, it is your legal duty to implement a health surveillance scheme. Certain risks and reasons for health surveillance may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The nature of the work exposure is known to potentially harm health
- There is reasonable likelihood that damage to health could occur under the conditions experienced within the role
- Health surveillance would be of benefit to your employees
- If you believe that your business or organisation may be in need of mobile health surveillance, please get in touch with us today. Our team would be happy to advise you.
We offer health surveillance service via our mobile unit as well as on site if you have the available space. If not, our mobile unit is the perfect alternative. It provides a self contained and confidential clinical environment. We understand that many employers do not have the spare rooms or a suitable space for health surveillance services to be carried out, so our mobile unit allows us to carry out our occupational health service without having to remove employees from the working environment.
What Services Can Our Mobile Occupational Health Unit Deliver?
Our new mobile occupational health and health surveillance unit has enabled us to develop and diversify our offering to our customers across the UK. We can now carry out a full range of mobile health surveillance services at your site, including the following:
- Safety critical medicals
- Workplace hearing tests (audiometry) under The Control of Noise Regulations, 2005
- Workplace skin surveillance under COSHH, 2002
- Respiratory function tests (spirometry) under COSHH, 2002
- Driver, plant and forklift truck operator assessments
- Vibration, HAVS and manual handling assessments
- Cold storage assessments
- Confined space entry assessments
- Breathing apparatus and confined space medicals
- Climbers and riggers medicals
- Working at heights medicals
- Drug and alcohol screening, including chain of custody requirements, if necessary (not for cause)
- Chester Step fitness testing
- Vaccinations, e.g. flu and Hep B
- Wellbeing initiatives, e.g. mini health MOT’s (know your numbers)
- COVID LFD tests, e.g. Biosynex
Get In Touch
If you would like to pre-book our new mobile occupational health unit, please get in touch with us today. We recommend that you book in as soon as possible, while availability lasts, to ensure the good health of your employees.
To find out more about mobile health surveillance and its benefits, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 0151 482 2830. Our friendly and knowledgeable team would be more than happy to help, providing you with recommendations in your best interest.
Let us help you protect your workforce and support your business.