Atropine Sulphate Injection is used as:
- a preoperative medication for the reduction of salivary and bronchial secretions.
- during cardiopulmonary resuscitation to treat sinus bradycardia or asystole.
- treatment of symptomatic sinus bradycardia induced by drugs or toxic substances such as pilocarpine, organophosphate pesticides, amanita muscaria mushrooms.
- management of bradycardia of acute myocardial infarction.
- prevention of cholinergic effects on the heart (e.g. arrhythmias, bradycardia) during surgery.
- in combination with neostigmine during reversal of effect of non-depolarising muscle relaxants.