It is required by law to have Hydrofluoric Acid treatment available on site when working with Hydrofluoric Acid, like our own brand Calcium Gluconate Gel, C-Gel.
Kays Medical Hydrofluoric Acid Treatment Kit contains all the critical first aid supplies needed to treat Hydrofluoric Acid burns to the skin.
Hydrofluoric Acid Treatment Kit Contents:
• 2 x C-Gel Calcium Gluconate Gel – 40g Tube (BJ190)
• 2 x Blue Lion Conforming Bandage – 7.5cm x 4m (BLM1201)
• 2 x Blue Lion Powder Free Blue Nitrile Gloves – Large – Pair (BLM4016)
• 2 x Blue Lion Low Adherent Dressing Pad – 10cm x 10cm (BLM2202B)
• 1 x Blue Lion Tough Cut Scissors – Small – Black Handle – 15cm / 6 Inch (BLM3550)
• 1 x Wall bracket
Effects of Hydrofluoric Acid burns
Burns to the skin that are caused by Hydrofluoric Acid can be extremely painful, cause severe damage and can potentially leave long-term scaring as well as extreme tissue damage, if not treated immediately with Calcium Gluconate Gel.
Calcium Gluconate Gel works by reacting with hydrofluoric acid to form insoluble Calcium fluoride. This prevents the extraction of calcium from the body’s tissues, to prevent deep tissue damage. Calcium Gluconate should not be used on eyes. Eyes that have been splashed with Hydrofluoric Acid should be should be flushed with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids open.
Please note that all hydrofluoric acid burns require full medical evaluation, even when treated using calcium gluconate gel. It is advised to go to hospital immediately.
0151 482 2850